Journey Through a Cruel World

The world is a cruel place,
And I am but a small part of it.
I see the suffering all around me,
And I can do nothing to stop it.

I am just a boy, barely out of childhood,
And yet I have seen more pain and misery
Than anyone should have to in a lifetime.
How can this be fair? How can this be right?

There is no order or meaning in this world,
Only chaos and destruction. 
All around me people are dying,
And I am powerless to save them.
What kind of God would allow such things to happen?
Where is He when we need Him most?
Is He even real at all?
The war goes on and on, with no end in sight.
All we can do is keep fighting,
Hoping that one day peace will come again.
But it seems like an impossible dream

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Incision

Alma 23:14 - The Lone Amalekite

Smothered Hope inspired by Skinny Puppy