Smothered Hope inspired by Skinny Puppy

My human hits me and it makes me sad I cower in the corner, trying to make myself small I don't know why they're so mad I just want to make them happy and make them smile But no matter what I do, it's never enough They yell and they hit me and it just feels so rough I wish they would stop, I wish they would see That all I want is their love and support But instead I'm stuck here, living in fear Wondering when they'll lose their temper again And I'll be the one who pays I try to be good, I try to be calm But it doesn't matter, I still end up in their palm I am just a dog, I can't understand Why they're so mean, why they can't just love me But I guess that's just how it is My home is not a safe place, not for me or for my kids We all cower in the corners, trying to stay out of their way 
Hoping that maybe, just maybe, we'll make it through another day 


I am your loyal friend,
The one who's always there.
I love you unconditionally,
But why don't you care?

You shout and scream at me,
And sometimes even hit.
I don't understand why you do it,
But it really hurts.

I try to hide from you,
But you always find me.
I wish you would just leave me alone,
But that's not what you want to do.

You want to control me,
To make me do what you say.
But I'll never give in to you,
Even though you make me pay.

One day you'll go too far,
And I'll be gone for good.
You'll realize then what you've done,
But it will be too late.

I hope you'll think of me then,
And realize how much you've lost.
But even if you don't,
I'll know I was the better dog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Incision

Alma 23:14 - The Lone Amalekite